When it comes to audiobooks, there are two main platforms that people use: Storytel vs Audible.
Both have their pros and cons, but which one is the better platform?
In this blog post, we will compare and contrast these Storytel vs Audible audiobook platforms. We will discuss the differences in their selection, pricing, and features. By the end of this post, you should have a better idea of which platform is right for you.
Table of Contents
Storytel vs Audible: Which is Better?
Audible offers a wider selection of audiobooks than Storytel, as well as a variety of other features such as exclusive content, discounts, and a monthly credit.
However, Storytel has its own advantages, such as being cheaper overall and having a more user-friendly interface. It really comes down to personal preference which platform you prefer.
Pros of Audible
Audible has a much larger selection of audiobooks than Storytel. With over 425,000 titles to choose from, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
Audible also offers exclusive content that you can’t find anywhere else, such as audio versions of popular books that haven’t been released on audiobook yet.
Additionally, Audible has a great selection of exclusive audio content from well-known celebrities and public figures, such as Obama’s memoir A Promised Land and David Sedaris’ essay collection Calypso.
If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can get Audible for just $7.99/month instead of the usual $14.95/month. This makes it significantly cheaper than Storytel, which costs $12.98/month for non-Prime members.
Lastly, Audible offers a 30-day free trial so you can try it out before committing to a membership.
Cons of Audible
There are a few downsides to Audible that are worth mentioning.
- First, the price per month is a bit higher than some of the other options out there.
- Additionally, Audible does not offer as many books as some of the other audiobook platforms.
- Finally, Audible can be a bit tricky to use if you’re not familiar with Amazon’s interface.
Pros of Storytel
- Storytel has some advantages over Audible. For one, Storytel offers a bit cheaper advanced monthly subscription than Audible.
- Additionally, Storytel allows users to download an unlimited number of books per month, while Audible limits users to one book per month.
- Furthermore, Storytel offers a wider selection of books than Audible. And lastly, Storytel has a better user interface than Audible, making it easier to find and listen to your favorite books.
Cons of Storytel
There are a few cons to Storytel that are worth mentioning.
- First, it is not available in all countries.
- Second, the selection of books is more limited than Audible’s.
- Third, the quality of some of the narrators is not as good as Audible’s.
- Finally, Storytel does not offer a way to speed up or slow down the narration, which can be frustrating for some listeners.
Plans & prices of Storytel and Audible
Audible and Storytel are both audiobook streaming services that offer a large selection of audiobooks to choose from. Audible is owned by Amazon, and Storytel is a Swedish company.
Both companies offer a monthly subscription plan, as well as discounts for buying audiobooks outright.
|Audible Plus||Audible Premium Plus|
|Plan & Prices||$7.95/month||$14.95/month|
Audible’s monthly subscription plan costs $7.95 per month and gives you one credit per month to use toward any audiobook in its catalog.
You can also buy additional credits at a discount if you want to purchase more than one audiobook per month. If you cancel your subscription, you lose access to all of the audiobooks that you’ve purchased through the service.
|Storytel Unlimited||Storytel Family||Storytel Family Plus|
|Plan & Prices||$12.98/month||$14.90/month||$19.90/month|
Storytel’s monthly subscription plan costs $12.98 per month, and gives you access to their entire catalog of audiobooks. Unlike Audible, Storytel does not have credits – you can listen to as many audiobooks as you want each month.
If you cancel your subscription, you lose access to all of the audiobooks that you’ve downloaded through the service.
So, which service is better? It depends on your needs and preferences.
If you want the flexibility to purchase multiple audiobooks per month, or if you’re an Amazon Prime member and get free shipping on physical items, then Audible might be the better option for you.
However, if you want unlimited access to a large selection of Audiobooks without having to purchase credits, then Storytel might.
Audiobooks are a great way to enjoy literature while on the go. But with so many options available, it can be difficult to decide which one to choose. That’s why we’re comparing two of the most popular audiobook platforms: Storytel and Audible.
- Storytel offers a wide range of audiobooks, including best-sellers, classics, and new releases.
- You can also find exclusive content that you won’t find anywhere else.
- With Audible, you’ll have access to a huge selection of audiobooks, including best-sellers and new releases of a huge variety of genres: horror, mystery, history and etc.
- Plus, you can listen to your books offline and on any device.
So, which one should you choose? It really depends on what you’re looking for in an audiobook platform. If you want a wide selection of titles to choose from, then Audible is the way to go.
However, if you’re looking for exclusive content or want to support independent authors, then Storytel is the better option.
Availability & devices limitations
The availability of Storytel and Audible is both global and local. There are no major differences between the two in terms of availability.
However, there are some device limitations to consider. Storytel is only available on Android and iOS devices, while Audible is available on a wider range of devices, including Amazon Kindle devices.