The question of how to sell audiobooks on Amazon? Is the right one if you have your own book. Amazon is not only the largest online retailer in the world but also the largest provider of audiobooks.
In 2017, they produced and sold over 5 billion audiobooks! If you’re an author or narrator with an audiobook, then this guide is for you.
We will show you how to sell audiobooks on Amazon and make the most out of this amazing platform. Find the best practices for selling audiobooks on Amazon, so if you’re ready to start selling your audiobook on Amazon, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Can you make money selling your audiobooks online?
Yes, you can make money selling your audiobooks online on Amazon. Here’s how:
- Find a niche market for your audiobook.
There are many different genres of audiobooks, so find one that appeals to you and your target audience.
- Create a high-quality recording of your audiobook.
This is important because potential customers will want to listen to a sample of your work before they purchase it.
- Promote your audiobook through social media and other online channels.
Make sure potential customers know that your book exists and where they can buy it.
- Set a competitive price for your audiobook.
Check out the prices of similar books in order to price yours appropriately.
- Monitor your sales and adjust accordingly.
Be prepared to adjust your prices or marketing strategy if you’re not seeing the results you want.
What audiobook distributors reach Amazon?
Audiobook distributors are companies that provide audiobooks that are available for sale on Amazon. There are a few different ways to get your audiobook onto Amazon, but working with an established distributor is usually the easiest and most effective option.
There are a handful of different audiobook distributors out there, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. The two biggest and most popular distributors are Findaway Voices and ACX (Audiobook Creation Exchange).
Findaway Voices is a great option if you have your audiobook already produced and just need help getting it listed on Amazon. They will take care of all the technical details and make sure your book is available for purchase on all major platforms, including Amazon.
ACX is a good option if you need help producing your audiobook as well as distributing it. They connect authors with professional voice actors and producers who can help bring your book to life. Once your audiobook is completed, ACX will also help you get it listed on Amazon and other major retailers.
There are a few other smaller distributors out there, but Findaway Voices and ACX are by far the most popular options. If you’re not sure which one to go with, we recommend starting with one of these two companies.
Getting your book on Amazon through ACX
If you’re an author looking to sell your audiobook on Amazon, the best way to do it is through ACX. It is a marketplace for professional audiobook production and rights holders to connect and create audiobooks. As an author, you can use ACX to create an audiobook from your book, and then sell it on Amazon and Audible.
To get started, you’ll need to sign up for an account on ACX. Once you’ve done that, you can start creating your audiobook. ACX provides a step-by-step guide on how to create your audiobook, which makes the process easy and straightforward.
Once you’ve created your audiobook, you can then list it for sale on Amazon and Audible. You can set the price of your audiobook, and also choose whether to offer it as a rental or purchase. Rental books are only available for a limited time, while purchased books are yours to keep forever.
So if you’re looking to sell your book on Amazon as an audiobook, make sure to go through ACX!
Should I produce my Audiobook with ACX too?
Audiobooks are a great way to reach a new audience and sell more books. And with ACX, you can produce your audiobook yourself and get it into the hands of listeners quickly and easily.
But is ACX the right choice for you?
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of using ACX to produce your audiobook.
- You retain all rights to your audiobook.
- You have complete creative control over your project.
- You can use ACX to find narrators and other talents for your project.
- ACX makes it easy to upload your completed audiobook and get it live on Audible and iTunes.
- There are no upfront costs – you only pay when your audiobook sells.
- You can earn a higher royalty rate by choosing to exclusive distribute through ACX/Audible.
- Producing an audiobook takes time and effort – if you’re not prepared to invest the time, it’s probably not worth doing yourself.
- You need to be comfortable working with audio files and editing software – if you’re not familiar with these things, it’s probably best to leave it to the professionals.
- You’ll need to find narrators and other talents for your project – this can be tricky if you don’t know where to look or what you’re looking for.
ACX royalty considerations
When you enroll in the ACX program and agree to sell your audiobook on Amazon, you will automatically be enrolled in the 70% royalty plan. Under this plan, you will earn 70% of the retail price for each audiobook sold. The other 30% goes to Amazon.
If you decide that you would like to receive a higher percentage of the retail price for each audiobook sold, you can opt for the 40% royalty plan. Under this plan, you will earn 40% of the retail price for each audiobook sold and Amazon will receive the remaining 60%.
To be eligible for either royalty plan, your audiobook must be exclusive to Amazon. This means that you cannot sell or distribute your audiobook anywhere else, including on your own website or through other online retailers.
Getting your book on Amazon through other distributors
If you want to get your audiobook on Amazon, you’ll need to go through a distributor. The two main distributors for audiobooks are Audible and ACX. Audible is owned by Amazon, so it’s the preferred method if you want to sell your audiobook on Amazon. However, ACX is a good option if you want to distribute your audiobook through multiple platforms.
To get started with Audible, create an account and then upload your audiobook files. You’ll need to provide information about your book, including the title, author, length, and price. Once your book is uploaded, it will be available for purchase on Amazon.
To get started with ACX, create an account and then submit your book for review. ACX will review your book and determine if it meets its quality standards. If it does, they will create an Audiobook Production Agreement (APA) that outlines the terms of distribution. Once you sign the APA, ACX will produce your audiobook and make it available for purchase on Amazon and other platforms.
Sell your audiobook on Findaway Voices
As an author, one of the best ways to sell audiobooks is through Findaway Voices.
Findaway Voices is a marketplace that lets you sell your audiobook directly to listeners. You can set your own price and keep all of the royalties, making it a great way to earn extra income from your book.
To get started, create an account on Findaway Voices and upload your audiobook file. Then, set a price and start promoting your book to listeners.
You can promote your audiobook through social media, your website, or by emailing potential customers directly. Make sure to include a link to your book on Findaway Voices so they can easily purchase and download it.
With Findaway Voices, you have everything you need to start selling audiobooks and reach a new audience of listeners. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
Use Podia to deliver your audiobook
If you’re looking to sell audiobooks on Amazon, then you’ll need to use a third-party service like Podia. Podia is an all-in-one platform that lets you create, promote, and sell digital products. It’s easy to use and has everything you need to get started, including a built-in payment gateway and delivery system.
When you create an account with Podia, you’ll be able to upload your audiobook files and set a price. Once your book is live, customers can purchase it and download it instantly. You’ll also be able to track sales and earnings in your Podia dashboard.
If you’re serious about selling audiobooks on Amazon, then Podia is the best platform to use. With its ease of use and comprehensive features, you’ll be able to sell your books with confidence.